Awesomely Epic, Awesome News!
Some Epic, Awesome News!
I have received another award..not just any award..one of Epic proportions! My blogging friend, Crankycaregiver has nominated me for the Epically Awesome Award and I want to send an Epic thank you to her. Her site is truly one of my favourites; “Grandma Says”. Cranky Caregiver is always there with a fun story, a tidbit of wisdom, words from her heart and a genuine, loving and encouraging spirit. Take the time to visit and linger a while.. It will be time well spent !
Now, of course, there are some Epic rules to accepting this award.
1. Tell 10 Epic/Awesome tales about yourself.
2. Nominate 10 Epic/Awesome bloggers and let them know how Awesome they are.
Boasting is not my strong point, but I will give it a go;
1. I made the decision to start writing again after allowing others to discourage me for years and it feels like a great weight has been lifted! I am also getting the return blessing of having met many wonderful bloggers here and have dared to try different challenges and prompts (which I had never done before).
2. I was invited to enter a short-story contest and despite this being a new area to me, I wrote it right away, sat on it for days and then finally got the courage to enter my story. (I will let you know how it goes)
3. I face a few health issues that can be challenging at times, but over the last few years, I have become more positive and have even survived four serious septic infections in the last year!
4. I have four children, each that bless me in their own way. Not usually an easy task raising them, but I can say that they have taught me far more than I will ever be able to teach them about life.
5. I love to encourage others. I hate taking credit for it as I believe that it is always the hand of God working through us.
6. I usually (but not always) have a positive attitude in life. I know that despite the times and things that have hurt so much in life, I am so very blessed.
7. I have always believed in “true love” and finally have found the man that God has had waiting for me all of my life.. Hee challenges me to rise higher, has saved my life (literally), always knows the right things to do and always tries to make the right choices in life. And he believes in me even when I don’t and wouldn’t.
8. I had the blessing of a wonderful career in recruitment and sales until I got ill a few years back. I miss feeling the productivity and the income, but it has been a time of learning hard lessons over this time.
9. Writing is my therapy, it is my ability to reach into the painful places that need healing and bring them forth. I know that when I don’t write, I just don’t feel as good about myself, as sometimes a paper and pen (or a laptop) hear me better than anyone else ever could, other than God. When I take the courage to write of the harder things in life, God always will bring someone forward who says “I needed to hear that”. 🙂
10. I have learned that no matter how bad things can seem to be, God is always there for me and always there for all. Just because things are difficult does not mean that He is not holding my hand through it. I am a child of God and have learned that it is His love alone that sustains me.
Phew… that was the hard part for me. Well the next part is also difficult as I have to decide which of the bloggers that I am so blessed to be joined with on here that I will nominate. Here I go. I have nominated some before (and some even do not take awards, but I still feel that they give so very much that they deserve to know that they are inspiring and awesome. 🙂
So here is my (painfully chosen) list of nominees:
Christy Birmingham – Poetic Parfait – Christy has such a wonderful gift, leaving sparkles of joy to all whom she touches
Anna Bachinsky – Daughter by Design – This wonderful lady writes daily of the blessings of being a child of God and her site is sprinkled with little gems of wisdom for all of us to read. Her heart and soul are in youth ministry and sharing God’s love.
Kristy from Family, Friends and Everything in Between Despite fighting illness, severe pain and raising children, her attitude is positive and so very encouraging to read. She has a loving heart and a beautiful spirit. (I know – I have yet to repost your award nomination for me… I have not forgotten.
Jen – The Lily and the Marrow – This wonderful, young author has gone from being a studied ballerina to spinning her love, her beauty and her incredible journey of following God through all onto her pages day after day.
Terri Ledbetter from Pretty Pen and Paper – Not only is she a pleasure to read on a daily basis, she is encouraging and inspiring. Her writing has a very whimsical and playful flavour to it that is guilty of always leaving a smile on my face.
Dani – from My Heart’s Love Songs – Poetry that is like waking up to a warm, morning smile, day after day.
Wendy –Greenlady – (I know, you do not accept awards, but I just think that it is worth mentioning if others are blessed by your gift) Wendy has the loveliest ways of expressing God’s beauty through stunning photographs and sparkling poetry!
Devan – from Posed and Written – This girl has a very unique kind of poetry that often shows a depth that needs two readings. I really enjoy her views.
Joh Lilley – from On Lilley – As a pastor, he has blog that is so well-written. He is concise, to the point, often funny and makes complete sense that reaches right to the spirit.
Roberta – In Other Words and Pictures – Roberta has a gift with capturing special moments that often inspire me.
So, in closing let me remind my nominees that I nominated them based on their Epic Awesomeness. There are no strings attached, but I do hope you will pass this award on to other blogs that are Epically Awesome! For those who are not on the list; you know I think you’re all Awesome and I hope you will check out my nominee’s sites. I think you’ll find I have great taste in bloggers!
I borrowed the last paragraph from Crankycaregiver as it was just perfectly what I would have wanted to say, but said better.
Much love to all and bless you lots,